TAG | fishery
Fishery is an entity involved in raising or harvesting species of fish or a group of species, which is determined by some authority to be a fishery.
- The biggest part (nearly 90%) of catches usually comes from seas and oceans, not from inland waters
- China produces 77 percent of all carp and 82 percent of the global supply of oysters
- Aquaculture accounted for 47 percent of the world’s fish food supply in 2006
- Aquaculture production rate outpaces population growth
- From a production of less than 1 million tonnes in the early 1950s, production in 2006 was reported to have risen to 51.7 million tonnes